Alipay customers will soon be able to make mobile payments at Ingenico point of sale terminals across Europe, according to the Wall Street Journal. “While no investment will occur, a person familiar with the offline collaboration said Ingenico will receive service charges from Alipay and expects to see transaction volume grow,” the publication reports. Alipay announced its plans to enter Europe back in April.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service