Australia’s Heritage Bank and payment platform provider Tyro are the latest to enter submissions to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC), seeking to “collectively negotiate” with third party mobile wallet providers, while also urging Apple to open up the NFC technology in its handsets. Apple responded to the banks’ proposal last week, saying that doing so would undermine the security of Apple Pay.
- GlobalPlatform releases secure element specs for system-on-chip deployments
- European airlines add support for Google Pay
- Mammut uses NFC to create next generation customer experiences for outdoor sports fans
- Visa seeks product manager for cryptocurrency team
- Xiaomi expands its Mi Pay mobile payments service to India