Australia’s Heritage Bank and payment platform provider Tyro are the latest to enter submissions to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC), seeking to “collectively negotiate” with third party mobile wallet providers, while also urging Apple to open up the NFC technology in its handsets. Apple responded to the banks’ proposal last week, saying that doing so would undermine the security of Apple Pay.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain