Australia’s Heritage Bank and payment platform provider Tyro are the latest to enter submissions to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC), seeking to “collectively negotiate” with third party mobile wallet providers, while also urging Apple to open up the NFC technology in its handsets. Apple responded to the banks’ proposal last week, saying that doing so would undermine the security of Apple Pay.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills