Customers of US bank PNC can now add PNC Visa consumer and small business debit and credit cards to Microsoft Wallet. “SmartAccess cards will be available soon,” the bank says. PNC commercial and Mastercard credit cards are not eligible at this time. The NFC mobile payment service was unveiled in June 2016 with announced support from nine other US banks and financial institutions.
- Apple adds support for Express Card NFC transactions that work even when an iPhone’s battery is almost flat
- Apple updates Core NFC to allow NFC tags to be read without opening an app
- Rambus gets Visa Ready certification for its ecommerce token gateway
- Mobile contactless payment volumes to rise by 30% a year to 2022
- French football club to launch its own cryptocurrency