Customers of US bank PNC can now add PNC Visa consumer and small business debit and credit cards to Microsoft Wallet. “SmartAccess cards will be available soon,” the bank says. PNC commercial and Mastercard credit cards are not eligible at this time. The NFC mobile payment service was unveiled in June 2016 with announced support from nine other US banks and financial institutions.
- Giant Eagle trials scan-free self-checkout in US supermarket
- Amorim adds NFC to cork bottle stoppers
- LG Pay goes live in the US with NFC and mag stripe mobile payments
- East reports on Apple Pay fraud in Europe
- IMF reports on the impact of digital money on banking business models