Bankcard association UnionPay International has launched its host card emulation (HCE) and tokenization-based mobile payment service in Canada. “The merchants accepting mobile QuickPass this time are mainly restaurants, hotels, retail outlets, supermarkets and convenience stores,” the company says. More than 20 commercial banks signed up to support mobile QuickPass when it made its launch in Beijing in December 2015. It launched in South Korea in June 2016.
- Garmin Pay expands to three new smartwatches
- Barclays files blockchain funds transfer and KYC patents
- More than half a billion Chinese consumers now use mobile payments
- Mastercard patent proposes combining blockchain with existing payments systems
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay