Bankcard association UnionPay International has launched its host card emulation (HCE) and tokenization-based mobile payment service in Canada. “The merchants accepting mobile QuickPass this time are mainly restaurants, hotels, retail outlets, supermarkets and convenience stores,” the company says. More than 20 commercial banks signed up to support mobile QuickPass when it made its launch in Beijing in December 2015. It launched in South Korea in June 2016.
- India to move to contactless driving licences that traffic officers can read with NFC devices
- French bank pilots fingerprint card that removes the contactless transaction limit
- Google includes custom security chip in Pixel 3 smartphones
- ST unveils turnkey payment solution for smartwatches and wearables
- Mastercard to phase out signature panels on bank cards