Bankcard association UnionPay International has launched its host card emulation (HCE) and tokenization-based mobile payment service in Canada. “The merchants accepting mobile QuickPass this time are mainly restaurants, hotels, retail outlets, supermarkets and convenience stores,” the company says. More than 20 commercial banks signed up to support mobile QuickPass when it made its launch in Beijing in December 2015. It launched in South Korea in June 2016.
- Lessons learned from implementing HCE for cloud-based NFC mobile payments — See the webinar now on NFC World
- Cartes Bancaires picks Gemalto to ease member banks’ NFC mobile payments offer
- Alipay comes to more Australian stores
- Australian bank reveals NFC payments sticker use
- Apple Pay adds US and Australian banks