Visa is in “advanced discussions with leading Nigerian banks” — including Diamond Bank — to roll out its mVisa QR code-based mobile payments service in the country before the end of 2016. mVisa was unveiled in August 2015 through a pilot with Indian banks. ICICI Bank became the first to launch the service to consumers in October, followed by State Bank of India, which announced its support for mVisa in May 2016.
- NXP sets out its vision for the future of NFC payments
- Tesco lets shoppers self-checkout with their mobile phone at new Jack’s discount chain
- Brunei’s largest bank to use Rambus’ Token Service Provider platform to secure mobile payment transactions
- HID Global enables workers to log in with NFC mobile phones
- Costa lets customers make payments with their coffee cups