Visa is in “advanced discussions with leading Nigerian banks” — including Diamond Bank — to roll out its mVisa QR code-based mobile payments service in the country before the end of 2016. mVisa was unveiled in August 2015 through a pilot with Indian banks. ICICI Bank became the first to launch the service to consumers in October, followed by State Bank of India, which announced its support for mVisa in May 2016.
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?
- 768m Chinese used WeChat to send a red packet money gift this New Year
- One in four Europeans ready to make payments with a wearable device
- IoTize picks ST NFC chip for plug’n’play IoT connectivity
- Dubai drivers use NFC phones to top up parking purses on contactless transit cards