Visa is in “advanced discussions with leading Nigerian banks” — including Diamond Bank — to roll out its mVisa QR code-based mobile payments service in the country before the end of 2016. mVisa was unveiled in August 2015 through a pilot with Indian banks. ICICI Bank became the first to launch the service to consumers in October, followed by State Bank of India, which announced its support for mVisa in May 2016.
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works