Visa is in “advanced discussions with leading Nigerian banks” — including Diamond Bank — to roll out its mVisa QR code-based mobile payments service in the country before the end of 2016. mVisa was unveiled in August 2015 through a pilot with Indian banks. ICICI Bank became the first to launch the service to consumers in October, followed by State Bank of India, which announced its support for mVisa in May 2016.
- GlobalPlatform sets out IoT security role for secure elements
- Apple to focus on access control for next wave of NFC applications
- ANZ lets customers use smartphones and smartwatches to withdraw cash from ATMs across Australia
- Ithmaar Bank to let Bahraini consumers withdraw cash from ATMs with just their fingerprint and a PIN
- LG to pilot blockchain carrier billing system for international mobile payments in stores