US drugstore giant Walgreens has become the first retailer to integrate its loyalty program with Android Pay, allowing more than 85m active Balance Rewards members to earn and redeem points in-store through the mobile payments service. “Before payment, members simply hold their Android device near the PIN pad and the appropriate rewards information is applied,” Walgreens says. The company integrated its loyalty program with Apple Pay in November 2015.
- Google Pay goes live in Italy
- Pulse reports on US uptake of mobile debit card payments
- Bank of America brings mobile payments to business card customers
- OP Financial tests face recognition for payments in stores
- Singapore begins rollout of QR code that works with multiple mobile payment schemes