US drugstore giant Walgreens has become the first retailer to integrate its loyalty program with Android Pay, allowing more than 85m active Balance Rewards members to earn and redeem points in-store through the mobile payments service. “Before payment, members simply hold their Android device near the PIN pad and the appropriate rewards information is applied,” Walgreens says. The company integrated its loyalty program with Apple Pay in November 2015.
- App offers order ahead restaurant service
- Facebook given licence to launch Messenger payments in Europe
- NFC clothing range connects US Ski Team with winter sports fans
- Google’s browser connects with BLE
- Belgian bank joins mobile payment platform