Bankcard association UnionPay International has launched QuickPass, its host card emulation (HCE) and tokenization based mobile payment service, for customers of ICBC (Macau). “Now, over 7m POS terminals in mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand and Canada accept mobile QuickPass,” UnionPay International says. More than 20 commercial banks signed up to support the service when it launched in Beijing in December 2015. It launched in South Korea in June and in Canada last week.
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole