Bankcard association UnionPay International has launched QuickPass, its host card emulation (HCE) and tokenization based mobile payment service, for customers of ICBC (Macau). “Now, over 7m POS terminals in mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand and Canada accept mobile QuickPass,” UnionPay International says. More than 20 commercial banks signed up to support the service when it launched in Beijing in December 2015. It launched in South Korea in June and in Canada last week.
- SBI adds cardless mobile cash withdrawals at 16,500 ATMs across India
- WeChat Pay reports 500% increase in transaction volumes
- Public Transport Victoria to add Myki transit cards to Google Pay
- Samsung Pay promotes mobile payments adoption with prize draw for UK users
- GlobalPlatform releases secure element specs for system-on-chip deployments