Bankcard association UnionPay International has launched QuickPass, its host card emulation (HCE) and tokenization based mobile payment service, for customers of ICBC (Macau). “Now, over 7m POS terminals in mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Korea, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand and Canada accept mobile QuickPass,” UnionPay International says. More than 20 commercial banks signed up to support the service when it launched in Beijing in December 2015. It launched in South Korea in June and in Canada last week.
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents
- Card networks to co-develop single buy button for online transactions
- PayPal can now be used to make Samsung Pay mobile payments in US stores
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India