Russian mobile network operator MegaFon has begun offering customers a contactless card enabling them to make in-store purchases wherever Mastercard is accepted, charging the payment to their mobile phone bill. The MegaFon card is currently available in Moscow and surrounding areas, as well as St. Petersburg, Yaroslavl, Tver, Kaliningrad, Murmansk, Arkhangelsk and Vologda. It is scheduled to be made available nationwide from 1 October.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info