Russian mobile network operator MegaFon has begun offering customers a contactless card enabling them to make in-store purchases wherever Mastercard is accepted, charging the payment to their mobile phone bill. The MegaFon card is currently available in Moscow and surrounding areas, as well as St. Petersburg, Yaroslavl, Tver, Kaliningrad, Murmansk, Arkhangelsk and Vologda. It is scheduled to be made available nationwide from 1 October.
- Austrians to open bank accounts from home using online video ID service
- Ant Financial eyes up blockchain for Alipay
- Free Galaxy S7 offer for Samsung Pay’s UAE launch
- Chinese third-party payment providers face client cash regulation
- Tesco rolls out mobile payments service across UK