Apple has added an additional 37 banks and credit unions to its list of Apple Pay supporting financial institutions in the US. The Bank of East Asia and Hong Kong Telekom’s (HKT) Tap & Go have also been added to the list for the Asia-Pacific region. “Both banks are incentivizing users to sign up with promotions rewarding users for repeated use of the service,” AppleInsider reports.
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service
- Charity to roll out contactless donation screens following successful three week pilot
- Google’s mobile payments app has now been installed 100m times
- JCB to pilot biometric payment cards in Japan