US bank JPMorgan Chase is to support Android Pay from 7 September 2016, claims a leaked internal document seen by Android Police. “According to an anonymous Chase employee, Chase will begin supporting Google’s NFC-based payment system in just over two weeks,” the publication says. “This includes Chase consumer credit cards that are Visa-branded, both business and consumer debit cards and Chase Liquid cards.” The bank unveiled its own Chase Pay mobile payments service in October 2015.
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole