An update to Google Wallet is adding support for automatic transfers to bank accounts. “Users will now be able to select a bank account or debit card for automatic transfers within the app or via the web,” TechCrunch reports. “Once enabled, you won’t have to manually cash out money from your Wallet balance — it will just automatically become available.” The update will begin rolling out gradually this week. Google relaunched Google Wallet as a P2P payment solution in September 2015.
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users
- Hong Kong transit operator to test WeChat Pay and Alipay
- UK government expands open banking project to credit cards, e-wallets and prepaid cards
- UK consumers want to set their own contactless transaction limit
- Swiss consumers to get single digital ID