An update to Google Wallet is adding support for automatic transfers to bank accounts. “Users will now be able to select a bank account or debit card for automatic transfers within the app or via the web,” TechCrunch reports. “Once enabled, you won’t have to manually cash out money from your Wallet balance — it will just automatically become available.” The update will begin rolling out gradually this week. Google relaunched Google Wallet as a P2P payment solution in September 2015.
- Reader offer: Get a free ‘POS terminal in a box’ dev kit from STMicroelectronics
- Central bank tightens rules on accepting cards and cash in Chinese stores
- Eight million merchants now accept Paytm QR payments in stores
- Facebook patent sets out how AIs could accept Messenger payments
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends