Australian bank ING Direct has begun supporting Android Pay and is donating $1 (US$0.75) to the Ability Mate charity every time someone makes a purchase using the service. “While our customers are using technology to make their lives easier, they will in turn be contributing towards an amazing technology platform that can make a huge difference in the lives of those living with disabilities or mobility issues,” says the bank’s John Arnott.
- Six in ten Chinese consumers have experienced a mobile payments security threat
- Japanese NFC pioneer NTT Docomo to introduce QR code payments
- Shanghai Metro installs QR code readers at ticketing gates
- National Australia Bank integrates with Amazon Alexa
- Westpac adds support for Amazon Alexa