Oberthur Technologies (OT) has unveiled Flybuy, a range of devices that add NFC payments to existing wearables. The range includes a Flybuy Mini Fob — a very small contactless card with a boosted antenna that can be inserted into a wristband, keychain or specially adapted fitness tracker or watch — and a Flybuy Secure Element, allowing OEMs to be embedded directly at the manufacturing stage. “They can be used for payment but also for public transport and access control,” OT says.
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones
- Singtel adds Apple Pay to Dash mobile wallet
- Tesco to roll out high value contactless transactions
- Tech firms to explore next gen payment cards that combine fingerprint sensors with digital displays
- Google Pay goes live in France