Oberthur Technologies (OT) has unveiled Flybuy, a range of devices that add NFC payments to existing wearables. The range includes a Flybuy Mini Fob — a very small contactless card with a boosted antenna that can be inserted into a wristband, keychain or specially adapted fitness tracker or watch — and a Flybuy Secure Element, allowing OEMs to be embedded directly at the manufacturing stage. “They can be used for payment but also for public transport and access control,” OT says.
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole