Customers of Russian mobile network operator MTS can now make NFC mobile payments using the carrier’s new MTS Money service, which enables users to upload virtual banking cards, public transport tickets and discount coupons. “MTS subscribers will be able to upload their MTS Money banking card into the app or register a new one without visiting MTS offices,” MTS says. “The balance of the card can be replenished directly through the app from the cards of other banks.”
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?