Early Warning’s bank-led digital payments network ClearXChange is set to change its name to Zelle. “The banks plan to launch the new brand at a payments industry conference in October,” The Wall Street Journal reports. “The new name has been in the works for several months and could still change if last minute difficulties arise.” ClearXChange was made available to all member financial institutions in June 2015.
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers