Early Warning’s bank-led digital payments network ClearXChange is set to change its name to Zelle. “The banks plan to launch the new brand at a payments industry conference in October,” The Wall Street Journal reports. “The new name has been in the works for several months and could still change if last minute difficulties arise.” ClearXChange was made available to all member financial institutions in June 2015.
- Amazon begins delivering parcels to consumers’ cars
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents