Customers of Russia’s MDM Bank can now make host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments using the bank’s mobile banking app. The service is currently available for Mastercard customers only and makes use of OpenWay’s Way4 HCE and tokenisation technology. “Using the MDM Bank mobile app, customers can now pay from their Mastercard account with no need to enter a PIN code or additional app password or even to activate the application before payment,” OpenWay says.
- Reader offer: Get a free ‘POS terminal in a box’ dev kit from STMicroelectronics
- Central bank tightens rules on accepting cards and cash in Chinese stores
- Eight million merchants now accept Paytm QR payments in stores
- Facebook patent sets out how AIs could accept Messenger payments
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends