Customers of Russia’s MDM Bank can now make host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments using the bank’s mobile banking app. The service is currently available for Mastercard customers only and makes use of OpenWay’s Way4 HCE and tokenisation technology. “Using the MDM Bank mobile app, customers can now pay from their Mastercard account with no need to enter a PIN code or additional app password or even to activate the application before payment,” OpenWay says.
- Australian banks set to abandon Apple Pay boycott
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands