Customers of Russia’s MDM Bank can now make host card emulation (HCE) based mobile payments using the bank’s mobile banking app. The service is currently available for Mastercard customers only and makes use of OpenWay’s Way4 HCE and tokenisation technology. “Using the MDM Bank mobile app, customers can now pay from their Mastercard account with no need to enter a PIN code or additional app password or even to activate the application before payment,” OpenWay says.
- Apple to open up the iPhone’s NFC chip at WWDC?
- Alipay to invest $448m promoting face recognition payments in stores
- Visa unveils next generation payments platform
- German central banker calls for European payments network
- JCPenney pulls support for contactless payments