UK railway operator Chiltern Railways is to pilot an automatic fare payment system to detect when a passenger boards a train and exits a station. The initiative will utilize smartphones and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons, the company confirmed to NFC World, and deduct fees from passenger bank accounts when journeys are completed. The trial is expected to begin in December 2016.
- Pakistan to add payments to National IDs
- CPI Card Group and Proxama to offer innovative mobile and EMV payments services in North America
- Austrians to open bank accounts from home using online video ID service
- Ant Financial eyes up blockchain for Alipay
- Free Galaxy S7 offer for Samsung Pay’s UAE launch