Commuters in Adelaide, Australia will begin trialing NFC mobile and contactless card payments for transportation in 2017, according to tender documents issued by South Australia’s Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) and seen by ITNews. The pilot will run for three months on a “selected transport route for a controlled test group of users” with a view to a full public roll out.
- New iPhones and Apple Watch to support NFC-F for FeliCa payments around the world
- Swarovski lets shoppers make payments in VR
- Cambridge academics report on cryptocurrency market status
- Central Bank of Uruguay to run mobile currency pilot
- Mastercard applies for blockchain B2B payments patent