Commuters in Adelaide, Australia will begin trialing NFC mobile and contactless card payments for transportation in 2017, according to tender documents issued by South Australia’s Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) and seen by ITNews. The pilot will run for three months on a “selected transport route for a controlled test group of users” with a view to a full public roll out.
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain
- Mercedes Pay mobile payments unveiled for Daimler mobility services
- P2P service expands to Macau
- GlobalPlatform standardises TEE management
- Google to add payments for Home Assistant?