Nearly half of US millennials (45%) have made an NFC mobile payment, compared to 26% of non-millennials (those aged over 35), research from mobile POS provider Square reveals. “The consumers who use NFC are really into it — most cite it as their ideal payment method above credit cards,” Square says in a blog post. 77% of the 1,000 consumers surveyed have not yet tried NFC mobile payments. Nearly 75% of cards processed on Square now contain a chip, up from around 40% in September 2015.
- Target to launch mobile payment service this year
- Pakistan to add payments to National IDs
- CPI Card Group and Proxama to offer innovative mobile and EMV payments services in North America
- Austrians to open bank accounts from home using online video ID service
- Ant Financial eyes up blockchain for Alipay