Nearly half of US millennials (45%) have made an NFC mobile payment, compared to 26% of non-millennials (those aged over 35), research from mobile POS provider Square reveals. “The consumers who use NFC are really into it — most cite it as their ideal payment method above credit cards,” Square says in a blog post. 77% of the 1,000 consumers surveyed have not yet tried NFC mobile payments. Nearly 75% of cards processed on Square now contain a chip, up from around 40% in September 2015.
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging
- Russian supermarket chain rolls out open loop fingerprint payments service
- Blockchain mobile payments pilot to go live in Mongolia
- US credit unions to offer blockchain digital ID service
- PenFed joins US move to contactless payment cards