Nearly half of US millennials (45%) have made an NFC mobile payment, compared to 26% of non-millennials (those aged over 35), research from mobile POS provider Square reveals. “The consumers who use NFC are really into it — most cite it as their ideal payment method above credit cards,” Square says in a blog post. 77% of the 1,000 consumers surveyed have not yet tried NFC mobile payments. Nearly 75% of cards processed on Square now contain a chip, up from around 40% in September 2015.
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies
- Premier Food Service adds rewards to contactless vending machines
- UK’s Payment Systems Regulator outlines PSD2 enforcement process
- Financial Conduct Authority sets out PSD2 requirements for UK payment service providers