Customers of UK bank HSBC can now complete ID security checks by scanning their face using a mobile phone. “The mobile application works through utilizing facial tracking technology to capture an initial headshot or selfie of a customer,” HSBC says. “The headshot is then assessed against an ID document uploaded by the customer, such as a driver’s licence or passport.”
- Apple Pay goes live in Luxembourg and Hungary
- NFC and contactless transit ticketing to go live in New York City from 31 May
- Privatbank to use customised ‘card avatars’ to drive mobile payments adoption
- Visa reports on contactless payments adoption
- Google Pay to add a rewards platform?