Customers of UK bank HSBC can now complete ID security checks by scanning their face using a mobile phone. “The mobile application works through utilizing facial tracking technology to capture an initial headshot or selfie of a customer,” HSBC says. “The headshot is then assessed against an ID document uploaded by the customer, such as a driver’s licence or passport.”
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works
- Samsung Pay launches in Sweden and the UAE, enters early access in Hong Kong and Switzerland