UK repair shop Byte has conducted a teardown of the Apple Watch 2 device, revealing an NFC chip incorporated in its display. “What appears to be the touchscreen controllers are sandwiched between the NFC chip on one side and capacitors on the other, a build that differs from the first generation devices,” MacRumors reports. “It’s not clear why NFC has been relocated to the display assembly, but it may save some internal space.” More details may be unveiled at Apple’s annual iPhone event at 5pm GMT on 7 September.
- GlobalPlatform releases secure element specs for system-on-chip deployments
- European airlines add support for Google Pay
- Mammut uses NFC to create next generation customer experiences for outdoor sports fans
- Visa seeks product manager for cryptocurrency team
- Xiaomi expands its Mi Pay mobile payments service to India