UK repair shop Byte has conducted a teardown of the Apple Watch 2 device, revealing an NFC chip incorporated in its display. “What appears to be the touchscreen controllers are sandwiched between the NFC chip on one side and capacitors on the other, a build that differs from the first generation devices,” MacRumors reports. “It’s not clear why NFC has been relocated to the display assembly, but it may save some internal space.” More details may be unveiled at Apple’s annual iPhone event at 5pm GMT on 7 September.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills