UK consumers collectively save an average of 34 years of time every month by paying with contactless cards, research from Card Cutters reveals. “It takes the average person less than five seconds to transact when using a contactless payment card, with this timespan doubling for payments using a chip and PIN card,” the company says. “Women pay quicker using contactless than men (71% versus 65% taking under five seconds), while 53% of those using chip and PIN cards take longer than 10 seconds to pay.”
- Snapchat opens empty shop that lets customers buy Lego clothing in AR
- Lloyds Bank to pay retailers to offer cash withdrawals to customers
- Delhi Metro to add biometrics to ticketing gates?
- Banco de Mexico to pilot national mobile payments service
- Apple Pay goes live in Saudi Arabia and Czech Republic