UK consumers collectively save an average of 34 years of time every month by paying with contactless cards, research from Card Cutters reveals. “It takes the average person less than five seconds to transact when using a contactless payment card, with this timespan doubling for payments using a chip and PIN card,” the company says. “Women pay quicker using contactless than men (71% versus 65% taking under five seconds), while 53% of those using chip and PIN cards take longer than 10 seconds to pay.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works