Apple’s new flagship smartphones — the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus — as well as its second generation wearables range — the Apple Watch Series 2 — will carry support for Apple Pay. Devices sold specifically in Japan will include support for Sony FeliCa technology to enable Apple Pay purchases when the service launches in the country next month.
- ECB survey finds cash still dominates payments in the euro zone
- Bangkok street food vendors switch to mobile payments
- Starling Bank integrates third party rewards into open banking platform
- Sberbank to build ID platform that supports face, voice and retina biometrics
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users