Fans of Welsh rugby union club Cardiff Blues can now receive personalized messages and coupons on their mobile phone through Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons installed at the team’s stadium. The beacons will initially be used to deliver welcome messages, discount coupons and reminders to vote for the fans’ man of the match. GCell provided the devices which work in conjunction with the Cardiff Blues mobile app.
- Wells Fargo adds support for Fitbit Pay
- Apple details Apple Pay Cash in updated iOS Security guide
- India to add face recognition to Aadhaar biometric ID system
- Bank of America reports 84% rise in P2P payment transactions
- One in five Brits to make mobile payments in stores this year