Fans of Welsh rugby union club Cardiff Blues can now receive personalized messages and coupons on their mobile phone through Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons installed at the team’s stadium. The beacons will initially be used to deliver welcome messages, discount coupons and reminders to vote for the fans’ man of the match. GCell provided the devices which work in conjunction with the Cardiff Blues mobile app.
- Lessons learned from implementing HCE for cloud-based NFC mobile payments — See the webinar now on NFC World
- Cartes Bancaires picks Gemalto to ease member banks’ NFC mobile payments offer
- Alipay comes to more Australian stores
- Australian bank reveals NFC payments sticker use
- Apple Pay adds US and Australian banks