Fans of Welsh rugby union club Cardiff Blues can now receive personalized messages and coupons on their mobile phone through Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) beacons installed at the team’s stadium. The beacons will initially be used to deliver welcome messages, discount coupons and reminders to vote for the fans’ man of the match. GCell provided the devices which work in conjunction with the Cardiff Blues mobile app.
- Dutch bank Bunq finds a backdoor way to offer Apple Pay in the Netherlands
- AirAsia to enter the mobile payments market
- Apple’s Gymkit with NFC begins to gain traction
- Macy’s brings mobile self-checkout to department stores
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments