Nearly nine in ten Mastercard US consumer credit cards (88%) contained chips as of July 2016, representing a 105% increase in chip card adoption since the October 2015 liability shift, the payment network has revealed. “The company also sees 2m chip-active merchant locations on its network, a 468% increase in chip terminal adoption since 1 October 2015,” Mastercard says. “Two million merchants represent 33% of all US merchants.”
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?