National Australia Bank is making its new NFC payments method available to customers this week. NAB PayTag is a sticker “which can be attached to mobile devices to enable contactless payments linked to a customer’s Visa debit card,” NAB says. The bank is also releasing an updated mobile banking app later this year that will allow customers to use newly approved personal Visa credit cards directly through NAB Pay without having to wait for the physical card to arrive in the mail.
- India to move to contactless driving licences that traffic officers can read with NFC devices
- French bank pilots fingerprint card that removes the contactless transaction limit
- Google includes custom security chip in Pixel 3 smartphones
- ST unveils turnkey payment solution for smartwatches and wearables
- Mastercard to phase out signature panels on bank cards