National Australia Bank is making its new NFC payments method available to customers this week. NAB PayTag is a sticker “which can be attached to mobile devices to enable contactless payments linked to a customer’s Visa debit card,” NAB says. The bank is also releasing an updated mobile banking app later this year that will allow customers to use newly approved personal Visa credit cards directly through NAB Pay without having to wait for the physical card to arrive in the mail.
- UK government expands open banking project to credit cards, e-wallets and prepaid cards
- UK consumers want to set their own contactless transaction limit
- Swiss consumers to get single digital ID
- Boston to introduce NFC and contactless transit ticketing
- UK challenger bank Monzo lets account holders save funds in flexible pots