Alipay parent company Ant Financial has acquired biometric provider EyeVerify. “Earlier this year, Ant Financial and EyeVerify entered into a licensing agreement in which Eyeprint ID was integrated into Ant Financial’s payment authentication platform,” Ant Financial says. The acquisition will allow the company’s Eyeprint ID technology to be integrated into more Ant Financial products and “secure hundreds of millions of consumers’ online data and transactions”. Eyeprint ID works by capturing an image of an eye and matching the unique vein pattern to verify identity. The acquisition cost $100m, Fortune reports.
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends
- Seoul moves forward with plans for its own S-Pay payments system
- NXP supplies contactless and NFC chips for World Cup tickets and match balls
- Grab unveils plan to turn its mobile wallet into a platform
- WeChat Pay ‘will not seek to offer more local payment wallets’