Apple Pay is now available for payments on the web following the release of the company’s latest iOS 10 operating system, allowing users to make online purchases using a ‘Pay with Apple Pay’ button. “Shopping online is now faster, safer and more private than ever,” Apple says. “Just browse, then pay in your browser.” The company announced its plans to launch Apple Pay on the web at its Apple Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) in June 2016.
- ANZ lets customers use smartphones and smartwatches to withdraw cash from ATMs across Australia
- Ithmaar Bank to let Bahraini consumers withdraw cash from ATMs with just their fingerprint and a PIN
- LG to pilot blockchain carrier billing system for international mobile payments in stores
- Digital currency pioneer David Chaum launches high speed blockchain for payments
- Beijing to pilot face recognition payments at railway ticketing barriers