Customers of UK bank TSB can now add their debit and credit cards to Android Pay and earn cashback for purchases. “With TSB’s Classic Plus bank account and Mastercard credit card, customers can earn 5% cashback on the first £100 (US$130.39) of contactless purchases — which includes Android Pay — each month,” TSB says. UK banks Santander, Royal Bank of Scotland, NatWest and Ulster Bank added support for Android Pay earlier this month.
- India moves towards interoperable mobile wallets
- Apple issues apology to Chinese mobile wallet phishing victims
- Barclays pitches watch makers on the benefits of wearable payments
- Telecoms boss gets NFC access control chip implanted in hand
- Contactless payments overtake chip and pin in the UK