London-based startup Curve has launched a virtual Curve Rewards card through an app that allows consumers to spend points as currency when using the company’s physical payment card. “When you earn rewards, they’ll pop up on your Curve Rewards card as points,” the company says. “Simply choose the Rewards card in the app and use it to pay like you would any other bank card.” The Curve card was unveiled in February 2016. The company has also recently raised US$3m, taking its seed funding to around $5m.
- Report: Samsung Pay coming to third-party flagships in 2018
- China’s Baidu enters strategic partnership with Paypal to tap Chinese tourists
- Wirecard explains how the IoT and AI will transform the future of payments
- Facial recognition technology to replace passports at Australian airports
- BBVA brings Android Pay to Spain