London-based startup Curve has launched a virtual Curve Rewards card through an app that allows consumers to spend points as currency when using the company’s physical payment card. “When you earn rewards, they’ll pop up on your Curve Rewards card as points,” the company says. “Simply choose the Rewards card in the app and use it to pay like you would any other bank card.” The Curve card was unveiled in February 2016. The company has also recently raised US$3m, taking its seed funding to around $5m.
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones
- Singtel adds Apple Pay to Dash mobile wallet