Visa has launched its mVisa QR code-based mobile payment service in Kenya with Co-Operative Bank, Family Bank, KCB and NIC Bank. “With mVisa, consumers can directly access all of the funds in their bank accounts to pay merchants or individuals,” Visa says. mVisa was unveiled in August 2015 through a pilot with Indian banks. ICICI Bank became the first to offer the service to consumers in October, followed by State Bank of India, which announced its support for mVisa in May 2016. It is due to arrive in Nigeria by the end of this year.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills