Visa has launched its mVisa QR code-based mobile payment service in Kenya with Co-Operative Bank, Family Bank, KCB and NIC Bank. “With mVisa, consumers can directly access all of the funds in their bank accounts to pay merchants or individuals,” Visa says. mVisa was unveiled in August 2015 through a pilot with Indian banks. ICICI Bank became the first to offer the service to consumers in October, followed by State Bank of India, which announced its support for mVisa in May 2016. It is due to arrive in Nigeria by the end of this year.
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works