The global annual value of contactless point of sale terminal transactions — conducted in-store using cards, mobile phones and wearables — will approach US$500bn in 2017, up from an estimated $321bn this year, Juniper Research predicts. “However, the low value nature of contactless payments means that it will only represent just 5% of the total value of all POS transactions in 2017,” the firm says.
- UnionPay sets out its mobile payments rollout plans
- Google expands support for wearable payments to Canada, Spain, and Australia
- American Express files faster blockchain payments patent
- Crédit Agricole expands HCE payments to Visa cardholders
- Android P to include support for GlobalPlatform Open Mobile API