The global annual value of contactless point of sale terminal transactions — conducted in-store using cards, mobile phones and wearables — will approach US$500bn in 2017, up from an estimated $321bn this year, Juniper Research predicts. “However, the low value nature of contactless payments means that it will only represent just 5% of the total value of all POS transactions in 2017,” the firm says.
- Australian banks set to abandon Apple Pay boycott
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands