LG has delayed the introduction of LG Pay mobile payments due to issues testing the service in South Korea, according to Android Headlines. It had been expected to launch this month. In January 2016 the company announced it had developed an electronic LG Pay White Card allowing users to register multiple credit cards for in-store payments and ATM withdrawals. LG confirmed plans to introduce its own mobile payment service in November 2015.
- Dutch bank Bunq finds a backdoor way to offer Apple Pay in the Netherlands
- AirAsia to enter the mobile payments market
- Apple’s Gymkit with NFC begins to gain traction
- Macy’s brings mobile self-checkout to department stores
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments