The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has authorized the sale of a mysterious Apple product that comes with support for NFC. “The A1844 model number does not match any product from the Apple catalog and there is little information on this device,” French publication Consomac reports. “Only the presence of NFC, which is now present on the iPhone and the Apple Watch as part of Apple Pay, may indicate a relationship with the Apple payment service.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works