US bank Citi has become the latest to join Early Warning’s bank-led digital payments network ClearXChange. The move will enable its customers to send or receive real-time P2P payments to or from users of participating financial institutions. The service was made available to all member financial institutions in June 2015 and is reportedly in the process of rebranding as Zelle. Citi will introduce the P2P functionality in early 2017.
- Apple Pay launches in Norway
- Beijing metro looks to biometrics to speed up payments at turnstiles
- Bankwest wins new customers with NFC payments ring
- Paytm integrates games, TV, sports and news into its mobile wallet app
- Spanish banks to build blockchain customer identity verification platform