US bank Citi has become the latest to join Early Warning’s bank-led digital payments network ClearXChange. The move will enable its customers to send or receive real-time P2P payments to or from users of participating financial institutions. The service was made available to all member financial institutions in June 2015 and is reportedly in the process of rebranding as Zelle. Citi will introduce the P2P functionality in early 2017.
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service
- Japanese banks to develop shared customer ID platform
- Nest lets home owners use NFC tags to share access to home security system
- NFC Forum launches tag certification program