US bank Citi has become the latest to join Early Warning’s bank-led digital payments network ClearXChange. The move will enable its customers to send or receive real-time P2P payments to or from users of participating financial institutions. The service was made available to all member financial institutions in June 2015 and is reportedly in the process of rebranding as Zelle. Citi will introduce the P2P functionality in early 2017.
- Apple extends GymKit NFC functionality to additional gym equipment market leaders
- NFC testing disruptor Cilab joins the NFC World Partner Program
- Japanese government to adopt iPhone NFC chip reading for citizen ID
- Imperial College develops NFC tag-based freshness detection system to reduce food waste
- European mobile wallets adopt Alipay QR code format to boost payment interoperability