US bank Citi has become the latest to join Early Warning’s bank-led digital payments network ClearXChange. The move will enable its customers to send or receive real-time P2P payments to or from users of participating financial institutions. The service was made available to all member financial institutions in June 2015 and is reportedly in the process of rebranding as Zelle. Citi will introduce the P2P functionality in early 2017.
- Microsoft rebrands wallet as Microsoft Pay
- ICICI Bank partners with Paytm to offer instant loans during checkout
- Apple GymKit with NFC goes live in Australia
- Video shows that children could use Face ID to unlock their parents’ iPhone X
- UK supermarkets to test face recognition for proof-of-age at self-checkout tills