Samsung Pay will launch in Thailand this year, the vice president of IT and mobile communications at Thai Samsung Electronics, Wichai Pornpratang, has confirmed at the Thailand Mobile Expo. “Among the banks and card issuers already confirming their support for the service were Krungthai Card Co, Citibank, Kasikornbank, Bank of Ayudhya, Siam Commercial Bank and Bangkok Bank,” The Nation reports.
- EBA issues opinion on strong customer authentication requirements under PSD2
- Eurosmart reports rise in smartphones with embedded secure elements
- Mastercard unveils smart mirror that lets shoppers make payments in the fitting room
- WhatsApp tests mobile payments with one million consumers in India
- Popularity of contactless payments pushes debit cards ahead of cash in the UK