Samsung Pay will launch in Thailand this year, the vice president of IT and mobile communications at Thai Samsung Electronics, Wichai Pornpratang, has confirmed at the Thailand Mobile Expo. “Among the banks and card issuers already confirming their support for the service were Krungthai Card Co, Citibank, Kasikornbank, Bank of Ayudhya, Siam Commercial Bank and Bangkok Bank,” The Nation reports.
- Dutch bank Bunq finds a backdoor way to offer Apple Pay in the Netherlands
- AirAsia to enter the mobile payments market
- Apple’s Gymkit with NFC begins to gain traction
- Macy’s brings mobile self-checkout to department stores
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments