Previous users of Google Wallet will not be permitted to transfer cards to Android Pay from October 14. “Many former Google Wallet users were able to bring any card they had in Wallet to Android Pay, even if it wasn’t a supported bank,” 9to5Google reports. “Google has revealed via email that those grandfathered cards will no longer be supported on October 14. Google doesn’t cite a specific reason for this change, only stating that this was always going to be limited time only.”
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?