Money transfer network Western Union has launched a mobile payment app in Canada to enable domestic and cross-border money transfers. “The new app allows users instant, anytime, anywhere access to Western Union’s sophisticated physical and digital money transfer infrastructure, allowing them to send money to nearly every corner of the world in just a few clicks,” the company says. Consumers will also be able to view past and pending transactions and track money transfers from their mobile device.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service