Money transfer network Western Union has launched a mobile payment app in Canada to enable domestic and cross-border money transfers. “The new app allows users instant, anytime, anywhere access to Western Union’s sophisticated physical and digital money transfer infrastructure, allowing them to send money to nearly every corner of the world in just a few clicks,” the company says. Consumers will also be able to view past and pending transactions and track money transfers from their mobile device.
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service
- Japanese banks to develop shared customer ID platform
- Nest lets home owners use NFC tags to share access to home security system
- NFC Forum launches tag certification program