The UK’s Metro Bank and Co-operative Bank have begun supporting Apple Pay, taking the number of financial institutions backing the mobile payment service in the country to 23. Apple Pay has also added more than 25 banks and credit unions to its list of supporters in the US, 9to5mac reports.
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users
- Hong Kong transit operator to test WeChat Pay and Alipay
- UK government expands open banking project to credit cards, e-wallets and prepaid cards
- UK consumers want to set their own contactless transaction limit
- Swiss consumers to get single digital ID