Only one in ten iPhone owners have used Apple Pay and, among those who haven’t done so, 63% said it’s because their preferred merchants don’t support it as a payment option, research from Parks Associates reveals. “Only 19% of US smartphone owners and 15% of smartwatch owners have used a mobile payment app,” the firm adds.
- Shell pilots RFID system that scans all the items in a shopping basket in one go
- Metro Bank lets customers open an account with a selfie
- Dutch banks ING and Rabobank begin QR code payments pilot
- ABN Amro pulls out of Dutch banks’ mobile payment venture
- Commonwealth Bank introduces chatbot that can answer 200 banking and payments questions