Only one in ten iPhone owners have used Apple Pay and, among those who haven’t done so, 63% said it’s because their preferred merchants don’t support it as a payment option, research from Parks Associates reveals. “Only 19% of US smartphone owners and 15% of smartwatch owners have used a mobile payment app,” the firm adds.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service