Only one in ten iPhone owners have used Apple Pay and, among those who haven’t done so, 63% said it’s because their preferred merchants don’t support it as a payment option, research from Parks Associates reveals. “Only 19% of US smartphone owners and 15% of smartwatch owners have used a mobile payment app,” the firm adds.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service