Bank of Scotland customers in the UK can now apply for a current account by taking a picture of their face. “They will be able to complete a simple step-by-step application process to open a current account and take pictures of their UK driving licence or passport, along with selfie images to confirm their identity,” says Lloyds Banking Group. “As the ID verification technology is web-based, customers can use a web browser on their smartphone or tablet to submit images.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works