US bank Chase is to begin supporting Microsoft Wallet “next year” according to a tweet from Chase Support. “Readers should note, however, that Microsoft Wallet only works on some of the newest Lumia devices, including the Lumia 650, 950 and 950 XL,” MSPoweruser reports. The NFC mobile payment service was unveiled in June 2016 with initial support from nine other US banks and financial institutions. PNC added its backing in August.
- UK restaurant chains test digital mobile banking receipts tied to customer purchases
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations
- WeChat Pay and offline mobile payments see “incredibly high” uptake in China
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps