US bank Chase is to begin supporting Microsoft Wallet “next year” according to a tweet from Chase Support. “Readers should note, however, that Microsoft Wallet only works on some of the newest Lumia devices, including the Lumia 650, 950 and 950 XL,” MSPoweruser reports. The NFC mobile payment service was unveiled in June 2016 with initial support from nine other US banks and financial institutions. PNC added its backing in August.
- Facebook approaches banks for Messenger bot banking
- Google releases Android 9 Pie with added NFC, secure element, TEE and biometric security
- Microsoft rolls out support for Masterpass payments
- Fossil launches Gen 4 smartwatches with Google Pay support
- Apple Pay Cash gets top rating for P2P payments privacy and security