UK consumers using Seamless’ Seqr mobile payment platform can now add their bank account to the app and make NFC mobile purchases at any contactless terminal. “Until now, UK customers have enjoyed the benefits of the Seqr prepaid account functionality — however, enabling customers to connect their bank account opens Seqr up to millions more customers who prefer direct payment over a prepaid option,” the company says. Seqr arrived in the UK in June 2014.
- NXP sets out its vision for the future of NFC payments
- Tesco lets shoppers self-checkout with their mobile phone at new Jack’s discount chain
- Brunei’s largest bank to use Rambus’ Token Service Provider platform to secure mobile payment transactions
- HID Global enables workers to log in with NFC mobile phones
- Costa lets customers make payments with their coffee cups