UK consumers using Seamless’ Seqr mobile payment platform can now add their bank account to the app and make NFC mobile purchases at any contactless terminal. “Until now, UK customers have enjoyed the benefits of the Seqr prepaid account functionality — however, enabling customers to connect their bank account opens Seqr up to millions more customers who prefer direct payment over a prepaid option,” the company says. Seqr arrived in the UK in June 2014.
- Amazon gets approval for digital wallet in India
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands