UK consumers using Seamless’ Seqr mobile payment platform can now add their bank account to the app and make NFC mobile purchases at any contactless terminal. “Until now, UK customers have enjoyed the benefits of the Seqr prepaid account functionality — however, enabling customers to connect their bank account opens Seqr up to millions more customers who prefer direct payment over a prepaid option,” the company says. Seqr arrived in the UK in June 2014.
- Amazon begins delivering parcels to consumers’ cars
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents