Russian consumers using online payment service Yandex.Money can now send money directly through Apple’s instant messaging service iMessage. “In order to send money to someone, a user opens iMessage, chooses a person from their contacts, selects the Yandex.Money app and specifies the amount to be transferred,” the company says. “The sender receives a message to confirm the money transfer. The sender then enters their Yandex.Money app password to complete the transfer.” Yandex.Money added NFC to its mobile app in April 2016.
- Antelop to add Visa token support to white label NFC mobile wallet platform
- Japanese banks get go ahead for digital currency launch
- UK supermarket pilots self-checkout service that lets shoppers scan and pay by smartphone
- Contactless ‘beer wall’ lets students serve and pay for their own drinks
- UK consumers warm to face verification at the point of sale