Russian consumers using online payment service Yandex.Money can now send money directly through Apple’s instant messaging service iMessage. “In order to send money to someone, a user opens iMessage, chooses a person from their contacts, selects the Yandex.Money app and specifies the amount to be transferred,” the company says. “The sender receives a message to confirm the money transfer. The sender then enters their Yandex.Money app password to complete the transfer.” Yandex.Money added NFC to its mobile app in April 2016.
- India to move to contactless driving licences that traffic officers can read with NFC devices
- French bank pilots fingerprint card that removes the contactless transaction limit
- Google includes custom security chip in Pixel 3 smartphones
- ST unveils turnkey payment solution for smartwatches and wearables
- Mastercard to phase out signature panels on bank cards