Russian consumers using online payment service Yandex.Money can now send money directly through Apple’s instant messaging service iMessage. “In order to send money to someone, a user opens iMessage, chooses a person from their contacts, selects the Yandex.Money app and specifies the amount to be transferred,” the company says. “The sender receives a message to confirm the money transfer. The sender then enters their Yandex.Money app password to complete the transfer.” Yandex.Money added NFC to its mobile app in April 2016.
- App offers order ahead restaurant service
- Facebook given licence to launch Messenger payments in Europe
- NFC clothing range connects US Ski Team with winter sports fans
- Google’s browser connects with BLE
- Belgian bank joins mobile payment platform