Apple is planning to “pour further resources” into Apple Pay in Japan and across other Asian markets in an attempt to promote a cashless society. “We would like to be a catalyst for taking cash out of the system,” Apple CEO Tim Cook told Nikkei Asian Review. “We don’t think the consumer particularly likes cash.” Apple’s iPhone 7 flagship device will take Apple Pay to Japan utilising Sony FeliCa NFC technology this month.
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents
- Card networks to co-develop single buy button for online transactions
- PayPal can now be used to make Samsung Pay mobile payments in US stores