Apple is planning to “pour further resources” into Apple Pay in Japan and across other Asian markets in an attempt to promote a cashless society. “We would like to be a catalyst for taking cash out of the system,” Apple CEO Tim Cook told Nikkei Asian Review. “We don’t think the consumer particularly likes cash.” Apple’s iPhone 7 flagship device will take Apple Pay to Japan utilising Sony FeliCa NFC technology this month.
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?