Apple is planning to “pour further resources” into Apple Pay in Japan and across other Asian markets in an attempt to promote a cashless society. “We would like to be a catalyst for taking cash out of the system,” Apple CEO Tim Cook told Nikkei Asian Review. “We don’t think the consumer particularly likes cash.” Apple’s iPhone 7 flagship device will take Apple Pay to Japan utilising Sony FeliCa NFC technology this month.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service