Apple is planning to “pour further resources” into Apple Pay in Japan and across other Asian markets in an attempt to promote a cashless society. “We would like to be a catalyst for taking cash out of the system,” Apple CEO Tim Cook told Nikkei Asian Review. “We don’t think the consumer particularly likes cash.” Apple’s iPhone 7 flagship device will take Apple Pay to Japan utilising Sony FeliCa NFC technology this month.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info