Apple is planning to “pour further resources” into Apple Pay in Japan and across other Asian markets in an attempt to promote a cashless society. “We would like to be a catalyst for taking cash out of the system,” Apple CEO Tim Cook told Nikkei Asian Review. “We don’t think the consumer particularly likes cash.” Apple’s iPhone 7 flagship device will take Apple Pay to Japan utilising Sony FeliCa NFC technology this month.
- One in 10 UK consumers have used mobile payments, survey reveals
- 25% of UK card payments now contactless
- NFC included in Nintendo Switch controller
- US bank to upgrade all ATMs for mobile withdrawals
- Australian bank offers instant digital card replacement