Visa CEO Charlie Scharf will resign on 1 December 2016 to be replaced by current Visa board member, and former president of American Express, Alfred F Kelly Jr. “Mr Scharf informed the board of directors that he decided to resign his position as CEO and board member because he could no longer spend the time in San Francisco necessary to do the job effectively,” the payment network says. “Mr Kelly will join the company on October 31, 2016 as CEO designate.”
- Apple Pay set to go live in Czech Republic and Slovakia?
- ABN Amro rolls out wearable payments on rings, watches and bracelets
- Airlines leverage PSD2 to cut transaction fees
- California to ban paper receipts?
- NXP showcases the future of retail at CES 2019