India’s Yes Bank has partnered with Lastmile.mobi to develop a biometric point-of-sale terminal using iris scanning technology. The Iris EMV PoS integrates card payments with the Indian government’s Aadhaar identity project’s electronic know your own customer (E-KYC) and E-signing systems. Yes Bank senior president Ritesh Pai said the device “has multiple uses for both retail and corporate customers right from e-KYC verification and ATM functionalities to disbursal of small loans to merchants”.
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands
- Mastercard tests biometric payments card in South Africa