India’s Yes Bank has partnered with Lastmile.mobi to develop a biometric point-of-sale terminal using iris scanning technology. The Iris EMV PoS integrates card payments with the Indian government’s Aadhaar identity project’s electronic know your own customer (E-KYC) and E-signing systems. Yes Bank senior president Ritesh Pai said the device “has multiple uses for both retail and corporate customers right from e-KYC verification and ATM functionalities to disbursal of small loans to merchants”.
- Alipay gets second European e-money license
- Swatch brings its contactless payments service to Europe
- Chinese shopping street adopts face recognition payments
- TD Ameritrade leverages Apple Pay to let share buyers use debit cards to instantly fund their brokerage accounts
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging