India’s Yes Bank has partnered with Lastmile.mobi to develop a biometric point-of-sale terminal using iris scanning technology. The Iris EMV PoS integrates card payments with the Indian government’s Aadhaar identity project’s electronic know your own customer (E-KYC) and E-signing systems. Yes Bank senior president Ritesh Pai said the device “has multiple uses for both retail and corporate customers right from e-KYC verification and ATM functionalities to disbursal of small loans to merchants”.
- Chinese province uses Alipay QR codes for citizen ID
- Facebook to launch Messenger payments in India
- Walmart equips garden centre staff with mobile checkout devices
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service