India’s Yes Bank has partnered with Lastmile.mobi to develop a biometric point-of-sale terminal using iris scanning technology. The Iris EMV PoS integrates card payments with the Indian government’s Aadhaar identity project’s electronic know your own customer (E-KYC) and E-signing systems. Yes Bank senior president Ritesh Pai said the device “has multiple uses for both retail and corporate customers right from e-KYC verification and ATM functionalities to disbursal of small loans to merchants”.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info