India’s Yes Bank has partnered with Lastmile.mobi to develop a biometric point-of-sale terminal using iris scanning technology. The Iris EMV PoS integrates card payments with the Indian government’s Aadhaar identity project’s electronic know your own customer (E-KYC) and E-signing systems. Yes Bank senior president Ritesh Pai said the device “has multiple uses for both retail and corporate customers right from e-KYC verification and ATM functionalities to disbursal of small loans to merchants”.
- App offers order ahead restaurant service
- Facebook given licence to launch Messenger payments in Europe
- NFC clothing range connects US Ski Team with winter sports fans
- Google’s browser connects with BLE
- Belgian bank joins mobile payment platform