Orange is extending its Orange Cash NFC-based mobile payment service to teenagers in France, enabling those aged up to 18 to use the service with their parents in charge. “To create an account, parents or legal guardians sign up over the web interface of Orange Cash and install the app on their children’s smartphones,” platform provider Wirecard says. “Via the web interface, parents are in control of the sums of money, which should be charged on the account and get a real-time overview of the expenses.” Orange Cash launched in France in October 2015.
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service
- Japanese banks to develop shared customer ID platform
- Nest lets home owners use NFC tags to share access to home security system
- NFC Forum launches tag certification program