Visa says it is working with blockchain developer Chain to develop a near real-time transaction system for high-value international payments between participating banks. “The time has never been better for the global business community to take advantage of new payment technologies and improve some of the most fundamental processes needed to run their businesses,” says Visa’s Jim McCarthy. The Visa B2B Connect system will pilot in 2017.
- Mastercard to make Apple Card technology available to other issuers
- Facebook to roll out GlobalCoin digital currency in ‘a dozen countries’ next year
- iPhone NFC ticketing goes live at Brisbane’s Suncorp Stadium
- India sets out plans for a cash-lite society
- Monese teases Apple Pay launches in 13 European countries