The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) in Dubai is developing a smart ticketing system that will check passengers in and out hands free using their smart cards or smartphones. “Once the commuters hop on the bus with smart cards/smartphones in their pockets, the on-board smart fare collection system immediately registers the time of riding and the location of the bus, and processes automatically the fare payment required. No user interaction,” says Adel Shakri at RTA.
- Rambus explores five key reasons retailers should have a mobile wallet
- TSB to roll out iris scanning tech
- Wells Fargo wants its ‘Control Tower’ to manage your digital financial life
- Mastercard expands QR payments choice
- Amazon Pay Places lets you pay for real-world shopping using your Amazon info