The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) in Dubai is developing a smart ticketing system that will check passengers in and out hands free using their smart cards or smartphones. “Once the commuters hop on the bus with smart cards/smartphones in their pockets, the on-board smart fare collection system immediately registers the time of riding and the location of the bus, and processes automatically the fare payment required. No user interaction,” says Adel Shakri at RTA.
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?
- 768m Chinese used WeChat to send a red packet money gift this New Year
- One in four Europeans ready to make payments with a wearable device
- IoTize picks ST NFC chip for plug’n’play IoT connectivity
- Dubai drivers use NFC phones to top up parking purses on contactless transit cards